🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client's & Freelancer's Quality
Page options
rafsun_ug
Community Member

Client's & Freelancer's Quality

I am sorry I cannot avoid this. You might say, "If you don't like the job, you can avoid the job"! But I cannot avoid this! Because I often see these kinds of post. Upwork is one of the best platforms for freelancers. But day by day Upwork Client's and Freelancer's quality is getting down. Client's are not responding! They are inviting tons but not hiring anyone! Their budget is extremely ridiculous. How come a client can post a job where he is looking for 20 videos at 20 dollars? Doesn't he has any sense and respect for the work! And see! There are already 10 to 15 freelancers had already sent the proposal! How come these Freelancers inspire this kind of clients! What kind of Freelancers are they? They just jump on the Job post whatever the job! This is ridiculous!

**Edited for community guidelines**

15 REPLIES 15
lysis10
Community Member

Some stupid freelancer will do it, so it's freelancers you should be complaining about.

This will go poof anyway.

petra_r
Community Member

simply don't apply.

Problem solved.

There are LOTS of jobs which aren't right for me.

That's okay.

That's the nature of the platform.

Are there jobs which are ridiculous with regards to their rate?

Yes.

Upwork can't police that.

If clients try to commission work at rates that are simply impossible, then they will fail in their efforts. Such clients will need to learn how to post jobs that will allow them to actually accomplish their goals.

I agree! Upwork can't police those! But you know, what is the most ridiculous issues here? This job had posted an hour ago! And it's already 20 to 50 freelancers have applied for that!!! What are they jumping for? This is not good! This was a job for editing 20 videos at $20! What's about a good job post then?  You know, sometimes I found some job post of where there are more than 10000 words for the job description! It needs a minimum of 5 minutes to read that job and get clear about the requirements. And if there is a good budget...before writing my cover letter, 15 to 20 freelancers applied for that within 5 minutes, and I can see that regularly! In these cases, I stop to forward the cover letter and start to find another job! Do they actually read a job properly or just increasing the number of proposals by bidding? Sometimes, I found 15 to 20 proposals after submitting my cover letter, maybe within a maximum of 5 minutes. And I found 20 to 50 proposal after some minutes, maybe 30 to 40 minutes! If that is the reality, then where will my proposal? Definitely, I don't apply any job which I can't do. And the reality is getting very hard day by day. I am a Top Rated here but I am not getting a job among those 50 more or less 50 proposals! I am not! I am not getting expected new clients. And I am sure that clients also don't like 50 proposals for his job? Because most of the time, he starts to invites. From this community post about this job, I just drew a picture of the current situation and quality of both Clients and Freelancers.  Anyway, it is happening for a long time. Someone should find a way to hold the quality of the platform!

tlbp
Community Member

Rafsun S wrote:

I agree! Upwork can't police those! But you know, what is the most ridiculous issues here? This job had posted an hour ago! And it's already 20 to 50 freelancers have applied for that!!! What are they jumping for? This is not good! This was a job for editing 20 videos at $20! What's about a good job post then?  You know, sometimes I found some job post of where there are more than 10000 words for the job description! It needs a minimum of 5 minutes to read that job and get clear about the requirements. And if there is a good budget...before writing my cover letter, 15 to 20 freelancers applied for that within 5 minutes, and I can see that regularly! In these cases, I stop to forward the cover letter and start to find another job! Do they actually read a job properly or just increasing the number of proposals by bidding? Sometimes, I found 15 to 20 proposals after submitting my cover letter, maybe within a maximum of 5 minutes. And I found 20 to 50 proposal after some minutes, maybe 30 to 40 minutes! If that is the reality, then where will my proposal? Definitely, I don't apply any job which I can't do. And the reality is getting very hard day by day. I am a Top Rated here but I am not getting a job among those 50 more or less 50 proposals! I am not! I am not getting expected new clients. And I am sure that clients also don't like 50 proposals for his job? Because most of the time, he starts to invites. From this community post about this job, I just drew a picture of the current situation and quality of both Clients and Freelancers.  Anyway, it is happening for a long time. Someone should find a way to hold the quality of the platform!

You understand that simply because you are talented and want to work doesn't mean there is a job for you, right? Only a certain number of clients are seeking freelancers (even those who are talented) at any given time. At this given time, there are far more freelancers willing to work than clients seeking them. In an open system, you cannot expect the platform to eliminate your competition for those jobs.

If you want to compete with fewer freelancers, you will need to find a platform that requires membership or some other means of maintaining exclusivity. It is unlikely that such a platform would be free. How much would you be willing to pay each month to have fewer freelancers against whom to compete? 

2f5ff562
Community Member

It´s not that easy Petra, for us rising freelancers, we dont get many invitations at first, applying to job proposals is our only way... with fewer and fewer options day by day it is VERY difficult to land a succesful gig... so only with DONT APPLY IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, ... unfortunately wont solve anything. Sorry, i mean no disrespect.

And skipping problem never gave anything good to the World! It just opens the gate for the scammer! 

rolludesig
Community Member

totally agree but for low budgets freelancers are responsible..bidding low day by day no doubt encourages clients to keep the budgets low.

and it do get little irritating when every graphic designing job starts with that this is very simple job...

rolludesig
Community Member

and clients not responding is a mystery..seriously no idea why so many projects are either getting closed or expired

hodgesh
Community Member

Rafsun S wrote:

There are already 10 to 15 freelancers had already sent the proposal! How come these Freelancers inspire this kind of clients!

Maybe they are bidding above the budget. That wouldn't inspire a client to post low budgets.

No, they are not. Check your Inbox!

Rafsun S wrote:

No, they are not. Check your Inbox!

I often bid much higher than a client's posted budget and get hired, and I know several others here who do, too.

But this case was different! His budget was $20 for 20 videos! He wrote clearly in the job description "Are you able to do all 20 videos within my budget (post) and how long would it take to do the 20 videos?" And most pathetic is that 20 to 50 freelancers applied for that job within an hour of posting! And he is interviewing seven, sent invites to 12. The attached image is the latest update of that job! Do you think this client will hire anyone?

Capture.PNG

re: "And most pathetic is that 20 to 50 freelancers applied for that job within an hour of posting! And he is interviewing seven, sent invites to 12. The attached image is the latest update of that job! Do you think this client will hire anyone?"

You may think this is pathetic. You may indeed be right.

But if you definitely would NOT apply to such a job... and 20 to 50 freelancers DID apply to the job.... then logically we must assume that not everybody shares your perspective.

Not everybody's situation is the same as yours. Not everybody's motivations for working on Upwork are the same as yours. And not everybody is the same type of video editor that you are.

Yes, you are absolutely right! What I wrote here, I wrote here from my perspective. And my topics was about the "Client's & Freelancer's Quality". From my perspective, I didn't find any quality in these kinds of job posts from both clients and Freelancers! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths