🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client’s billing method is unverified
Page options
ran88
Community Member

Client’s billing method is unverified

Client’s billing method is unverified

I was checking the details section(beside the timesheet) for 2 of my long-term clients. Each of them is showing the message "client's billing method is unverified.

It happened to me in the past for a specific project - my contract got suspended(couldn't track hours). 

Now, it's a different scenario.  Those contracts which have that message are still active and I can still track hours.  Do I have to worry about it and notify my clients?

2 REPLIES 2
wlyonsatl
Community Member

You can expect to be paid whether or not a client's payment method is verified, but if there is a situation where there is any problem with the client (objecting to your hours tracked by TimeTracker, for example) Upwork's hourly payment protection won't be applicable.

The safest thing to do is tell your client he should get his payment method verified by Upwork. Just act like it's a simple oversight, but wonder what the problem is if a client refuses to do so.

Why were your previous projects suspended? Did the clients for those projects create payment problems for you?

ran88
Community Member

The problems I encountered were my payment got on hold for that specific project and my contract got suspended. I immediately informed my client to update his card details as per the advice of the Upwork representative via chat. My client updated his billing info right away and my contract resumed(able to track hours again). Unfortunately, I received my pay after a few working days(Maybe for the clearing process, I'm not sure.) 😅

Anyway, you're right. It's better to inform my client to verify his payment method even though I don't experience yet any problems. Thanks so much. 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths