Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Client's job success rate demand problem

forhadniloy
Forhad K Member Since: Nov 22, 2016
1 of 7

Hello there!

I created this account before 3 months ago. But I can not bid any job because of clients job requirement. Almost everyone needs 90% job success rate. If I can't bid any job then how I get a job? and how I acheive 90% job success rate? They also demand rising talent. I have a vast knowledge/experiece about my work but If I can't bid a job then how can I prove them that? I am facing a odd situation. Please someone help me or suggest me the best solution to recover this problem.

Thanks

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 7

Forhad,

Even if a client requests 90% Job Success, you can still apply and the client can still hire you so make sure you write a good cover letter, and for fixed price jobs you should think about asking for a bit less than the client's budget. Good luck

3 of 7

John,

Actually I am really worried about it. Because of, You know Upwork suspend more accounts so that I can't take any risk. If I bid over the clients requirement then is it be safe?

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 7

Just ignore those preferences if you truly believe you are well qualified for the job. Often, clients choose those items from a menu without having given it much thought, or even accept defaults when posting a job. Many freelancers get hired without meeting those "requirements".

forhadniloy
5 of 7

Tiffany,

Thanks for your suggestion. If I ignore buyer requiremnt, is it be safe?

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
6 of 7

Forhad, if you only apply when the job doesn't require 90% job suucess, then the job might have many proposals from other freelancers who don't have 90% either, so nothing is really safe. 

Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
7 of 7

@Forhad K wrote:

Tiffany,

Thanks for your suggestion. If I ignore buyer requiremnt, is it be safe?

None of us know the exact formula that sends up a red flag, but this factor alone shouldn't be a roadblock for you. It's more important to target your proposals to jobs that you truly are a very good fit for. As John said, the fact that a job doesn't list that requirement is no guarantee that you have a better chance of being hired. Just be discriminating in the jobs you bid on based on how well they match your skills and experience and avoid bidding on every job you think you could possibly do.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS