Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client's location

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
21 of 23

I've noticed this problem too. Usually however, it's a questionable client or job posting anyways, so I just pass on it. After a recent client experince however, I stay away from clients who are more then 3-4 hours ahead or behind me.

I'm aware time zone difference don't matter to some freelancers, but it does to others. Neither preference is better then the other. It should't matter how we choose to schedule our time, but it should matter that Clients sometimes fake their location to scam freelancers.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
22 of 23

Thank you for discussion, everybody. It is interesting to hear different opinions about the importance of location for client-freelancer relationship. Additionally, we are going to do more in the near future to verify users' identities.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
23 of 23
re: "Additionally, we are going to do more in the near future to verify users' identities."

Okay.
But things don't need to be the same for clients as they are for contractors.
I'm not asking for or needing a client to provide details about themselves so that I can trust them.
What I need from them is to pay me when I do the work they ask of me.

My clients are often companies, and may not even be a single individual. They may be companies with multiple locations, or have legal incorporation in physical locations different from the physical addresses of the company representatives that I communicate with.

I know other people think differently, but I haven't found it helpful to try to evaluate clients based on location info.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS