🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client's message didn't reached on time.
Page options
orazonetech
Community Member

Client's message didn't reached on time.

Hi,
I'm very disappointed with the delay in message from the client reached which reached us after 3 days. Usually there's an email notifications from upwork on every message or notification. But the message sent by the client on Wednesday popped up on Saturday in Message board and there was no email message as well on an important webcast which the client scheduled.

I want to ask from upwork support that who is responsible for this? Also, we give 20% of our earnings on upwork and this is what's happening to us once we are trying hard to get a client.

Would really appreciate some feedback and response on resolving this from upwork team.

Thanks
Faraz
4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Syed,

I'm sorry about the trouble you're having. I checked your account, and it looks like one of our team members is already assisting you directly on your open ticket. The team will update your ticket once they have more information. We appreciate your patience while our team works on resolving this issue. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Syed, Upwork is never going to be able to guarantee the timeliness of messages relayed through the Upwork Messages to your personal email box.

There are complexities associated with email that makes it impossible to guarantee something like that. If making sure you see these messages more consistently is important to you, then you will need to log into your Upwork account and look at messages within the web application or the desktop application.

Well there were no notification message before on my phone app or desktop. That's what I was so upset about that it suddenly popped up out of no where and it was a 3 days old message. 

I get the point about email and you're right about it but we have desktop notifications and mobile app installed only to answer the potential clients as soon as possible.

I think this happens quite often. I have noticed there I lag between the time the client answer for the first time and the time the message appears. It varies from 1 day to a few days of lag. That’s not good, specially if some users have more lags than others.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members