🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client's payment handled by upwork team
Page options
abhimanyu-bind
Community Member

Client's payment handled by upwork team

How to know if upwork team handles client payments?

I got interview invitation from a client who claimmed their payments handled by upwork team hence they will post a $5 milestone as placeholder and final payments will be released by upwork team as bonus after every 15 days after verification of work submitted.

There is no such identification mark on client job post that if their payments are handled by upwork team.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wescowley
Community Member

If, and this is a big if, the client is telling you the truth, they're referring to an Upwork team in their company. 

If you agree to the $5 milestone, that's all you're guaranteed to get. The promise of the bonus payment is just that, a promise that may or may not be met. You have no payment protection from Upwork with this arrangement. 

Check the client's history - do they have reviews? Do those mention any payment issues? If they don't have reviews, or there's anything negative in them, I'd suggest walking away.

Personally, this is not an arrangement I'd agree to unless I had very strong reasons to trust the client.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Abhimanyu,

Could you please share more details about the client with me via PM (click on my name) so that I can investigate this further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
wescowley
Community Member

If, and this is a big if, the client is telling you the truth, they're referring to an Upwork team in their company. 

If you agree to the $5 milestone, that's all you're guaranteed to get. The promise of the bonus payment is just that, a promise that may or may not be met. You have no payment protection from Upwork with this arrangement. 

Check the client's history - do they have reviews? Do those mention any payment issues? If they don't have reviews, or there's anything negative in them, I'd suggest walking away.

Personally, this is not an arrangement I'd agree to unless I had very strong reasons to trust the client.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths