cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client's suspended account: Will I be paid?

peterkubicki
Peter K Member Since: Aug 5, 2016
1 of 8

My client's account was suspended, and my contract put on hold prior to getting paid for completed work. If the account is not reactivated, then will I be paid?

browersr
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
2 of 8

If it's an hourly contract for which you used the tracker with appropriate comments, then yes you should be covered.  If fixed then I don't think so unless the client clears whatever issue and approves the milestone.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 8

Hi Peter, 

If the contract is eligible for Fixed-price Protection, the payment will be issued to the freelancer accordingly. Unfortunately we can't share details about the client's account suspension here in the community. I suggest you continue communicating with the team via the open ticket you lodged last week if you have further questions. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ljovellar
Ace Contributor
Lemuel J Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
4 of 8

Let me also add that even if you logged time via team tracker accordingly, if your client has a pending investigation (I believe in my experience it was fraud or something like that), I believe the money you have earned will be put on hold or even your financial standing will be put on hold if I remember it correctly. 

Just one of the crazy moments for us freelancers to lose sleep over.

Good luck in your case.

mimmie011
Marica R Member Since: Feb 1, 2016
5 of 8

Good morning,

Same ting happened to me. The ticket was opened 7 days ago, and I still don't have any news. The job is suspended (although finished), and besides this payment, I have other payments that are on hold.

I worked with the tracker, and I don't have the idea who is going to pay this amount.

I also received a question from the customer support: "Where did you meet your client?"

Really, guys..

I am sorry, but this is so unprofessional.

So, my question would be, who is going to pay this? Does Upwork have some kind of insurance? 

What happens now?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 8

re: "I also received a question from the customer support: 'Where did you meet your client?'"

It's a legitimate question.

Because sometimes contractors try to scam Upwork.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

So if Upwork asks you where you met your client, don't take offense at the question. Upwork is just doing their due diligence so that their payment guarantee program works for all the honest contractors.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 8

Hi Marica,

I'm sorry about the issue with your contract. I see our team has been updating your ticket and informed you that your client will need to follow our instructions before your accounts could be reviewed. I see you're communicating with your client, so please ask them to complete the required steps and our team will update your ticket once all the requirements are met, and the review process starts.

Thank you for your patience.

Untitled
This widget could not be displayed.
8 of 8
This widget could not be displayed.

I hope that all freelancers who do work that is not according Upwork's TOS will not be paid after the suspension of the client's account despite having a funded milestone or having used the time tracker. There are dubious job offers where freelancers are hired very quickly. When the job offer will be reported some freelancers have already worked on this job.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS