🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client says: Because of the technical pro...
Page options
ana-bejashvili
Community Member

Client says: Because of the technical problem, accounts are on hold, I can't send you the contract,

After the interview and training. Client hired me and I started to work. Client said that there was a technical problem on upwork and couldn't send the new contract. About 5 days passed and still the same message I get from the client.

that there is accounts on hold, and they are not able to send me the contract yet.

Is this possible that upwork has this kind of tecnical problem?

What should I do?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ana,

Unfortunately I can't share details for another user with you. But, I can confirm that our team is working with your client to resolve their problem as soon as possible.
If you`re still working I would strongly suggest stopping until their problem is resolved and you`re hired on an official contract. To learn more how you`re protected under our Upwork Payment protection check out this Help Article. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ana:

These kinds of things happen. Clients can have difficulties with their accounts. They can have difficulties sending a contract.

It's okay!

The thing to keep in mind is this:

It's not your fault.

And it is not your problem.

What should you do?

Be positive.

But DO NOT WORK on the project.

If there is no contract, or if a contract is on hold or suspended, then YOU DON'T GET PAID for any work you do. So don't waste your time.

You can be friendly with the client. But DON'T WORK.

You don't need to blame the client. But it also isn't your fault.

You can point out that you WANT to do the work, and you will do the work as soon as the contract is in place and not on hold... but you can't actually do the work because Upwork tells you not to.

This is true.

If the client knows he can't trick you into working without a contract, and he can't get you to work if a contract is on hold... Then he will either:

a) take care of the problem - which is HIS problem - on his own

or

b) if he is a scammer, he will leave you alone and go pressure some other freelancer to work for free - somebody who is not as wise as you are.

petra_r
Community Member

Ana wrote:

. About 5 days passed and still the same message I get from the client.

that there is accounts on hold, and they are not able to send me the contract yet.

Is this possible that upwork has this kind of tecnical problem?

Just to be clear:

It is *not* a "technical problem!"

It is that the client's account is suspended and the client needs to resolve it.

I would be a bit weary of a client who lies about something like that to me. In fact I'd walk away. I don't work with liars or with people who treat me like an idiot.

That client does both.

kat303
Community Member

There IS a problem, but it's not technical. In fact it's a CLIENT problem. There is something going on with the clients financial account. It might be as simple as updating the expiration date or it could be as bad as it's a closed account or a stolen credit card. Until it's fixed there is no way you will be getting paid for the work you've done so far. At this point STOP working. Whatever is wrong with the clients account shouldn't take more then 5 days to fix. It might be time to work on something else then to wait until this situation is fixed. This has nothing to do with Upwork, This is ALL on the clients side and no one but the client can fix it. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members