cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Client says they are having trouble submitting payment

tess-lackey
Tess L Member Since: May 2, 2018
1 of 4

A client I've worked with before is saying that they cannot submit payment on a funded fixed price contract after I have requested payment. The job was quick, and therefore the files were submitted on the same day the job was accepted by me. What could be wrong? 

The last time I worked with them they never approved payment and 12 days or so after I submitted the request for payment I was automatically paid. Should I just expect to wait those 12 days again?

emiguelina
Community Guru
Elba A Member Since: Feb 28, 2017
2 of 4

@Tess L wrote:

A client I've worked with before is saying that they cannot submit payment on a funded fixed price contract after I have requested payment. The job was quick, and therefore the files were submitted on the same day the job was accepted by me. What could be wrong? 

The last time I worked with them they never approved payment and 12 days or so after I submitted the request for payment I was automatically paid. Should I just expect to wait those 12 days again?

It's 14 days, and yes you should wait, clients have 14 days to review and approve milestones, if they don't, just let it be until time's up, you'll get paid automatically.

nkocendova
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
3 of 4

Hi Tess,

I'm not sure exactly what issue your client is experiencing when attempting to release funds on the Fixed-Price contract but you can share this article about reviewing work and releasing funds on a Fixed-Price contract with the client. Additionally, if your client would like to reach out to us for assistance, we would of course be able to assist by looking into the issue preventing them from successfully releasing the funds.

The client does have a period of 14 days from the most recent work submission on a milestone to review and request any changes, after which the funds will automatically be released from escrow to you. You wouldn't want to submit the work more than once, since this resets the clock back to the beginning and you will have to wait 14 days from your most recent submission for the funds to be released if the client does not take action on their end.

~Nina
tess-lackey
Tess L Member Since: May 2, 2018
4 of 4

Thank you! I will share this information with them.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS