🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client says they paid the invoice I sent 2 da...
Page options
27d8b0d0
Community Member

Client says they paid the invoice I sent 2 days ago, but upwork shows timesheet status "in review"

Hi, newby here, first ever project and timesheet on Upwork.

My client says they paid the invoice I sent 2 days ago, but upwork shows timesheet status "in review".

Did the client forget to do something on their end?

Is there always a mandatory 5 day wait period between the time I submit an invoice, and when it moves into the "pending" status? 

Or can the client do something on their end, to show that the timesheet / work diary has been fully reviewed, without waiting the full 5 days?

Thanks  

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yuri,

Please check the Weekly Billing Cycle article for more information about the schedule to release hourly payments. It takes about 10 days for payments to be processed. The first week is when you log time on an hourly contract, which ends every Sunday. The client then has 5-days to review, and/or, dispute any the hours logged on the Work Diary. If there are no issues with the hours logged, the payment for the contract will then go to a 5-day security period before it becomes available on your account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
27d8b0d0
Community Member

Thanks for the prompt reply, I got all that (and read te article), but I am asking a more subtle question.

Is there a way for the client to sign off on the weekly hours and end the "In Review" phase, on, say, day 1 of the "Review" period, so that the payment can move into the "Pending" status at that point?

Or is there always an automatic 5 day Review period, and there is no way to shorten it, even if the client does not need the full 5 days for that?

Thanks

rverang
Community Member

Yuri N wrote:

there always an automatic 5 day Review period, and there is no way to shorten it, even if the client does not need the full 5 days for that

You nailed it.

27d8b0d0
Community Member

Got it, appreicate the clarification!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members