🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client scam
Page options
e9ae2796
Community Member

Client scam

This guy gave me a job first he said if i make a video for him he will give me the job. i tried hard and make a good edit for him it was perfet and he said 'i love it' then he said 'problem happened i opened a new job can you apply here.' I applied the second job and i said can you put milestone he said 'do 2 first' i made that 2 edit again. He was loving the job again but then He declined proposal. I waited 2 more days for him then i said 'what happened' he blockmed me. 

I gave 6 connects and my time for this job. he has to give 20 dollar for each edit. I made like 60 dollar work freely. 

Please ban or do something about this guy or make him to give my money back or at least give me some connects. I really don't wanna buy connects again for this scammers anymore. Hope someone help me.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

"But still upwork can limit to 3-5 people for interview so they can't send everyone interview and trying to scam people ofcourse some people fall for that like me."

Although clients are often inundated with too many proposals, limiting the number of interviews is not going to prevent people from violating the TOS. I don't know what will prevent people from heeding the rules, the warnings, and the stories from devastated freelancers who have been scammed. I understand desperately needing money, but if it seems too good to be true, it is. If Upwork limited the number of reviews, the scammers would only open more jobs.

It is not Upwork's responsibility to follow freelancers and clients to make sure they follow the rules. Online or in the physical world, when a random stranger is offering you a large amount of money, you know you don't rate; of course, it is against the rules/law.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
roberty1y
Community Member

You shouldn't have done any work without a contract and payment method in place. If you do any work for a client without a contract in place, they're free to take it without paying. There's nothing Upwork can do.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah its my fault i shouldn't fall for that. He said for 5 job 100 dollar it was too much for 30 seconds video edit. (also today 2 people added me for jpg to pdf work and it was also scam they are even making fake site for that everyone has to be careful especially new people in upwork like me.) But still upwork can limit to 3-5 people for interview so they can't send everyone interview and trying to scam people ofcourse some people fall for that like me. 

"But still upwork can limit to 3-5 people for interview so they can't send everyone interview and trying to scam people ofcourse some people fall for that like me."

Although clients are often inundated with too many proposals, limiting the number of interviews is not going to prevent people from violating the TOS. I don't know what will prevent people from heeding the rules, the warnings, and the stories from devastated freelancers who have been scammed. I understand desperately needing money, but if it seems too good to be true, it is. If Upwork limited the number of reviews, the scammers would only open more jobs.

It is not Upwork's responsibility to follow freelancers and clients to make sure they follow the rules. Online or in the physical world, when a random stranger is offering you a large amount of money, you know you don't rate; of course, it is against the rules/law.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members