🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client send me a request for refund
Page options
bhuttaamna
Community Member

Client send me a request for refund

I did a job of 6$ for a client. After doing the job and submitting the work the client ended the contract and requested for a refund by saying that he is not satisfied. But it consumed my whole hardwork. What should I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
the3dguru
Community Member

It doesn't sound like you are going to get more work from that client so you might as well keep their money if you can. The only way the client could harm you is giving you a bad review and you have a 95% success rate so one bad client won't make a huge difference.

That said, I have refunded clients in the past and its not pleasant. I think it depends on whether the client's refund request is genuine or just an attempt to avoid paying. This sounds a lot like the client just doesn't want to pay.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
the3dguru
Community Member

It doesn't sound like you are going to get more work from that client so you might as well keep their money if you can. The only way the client could harm you is giving you a bad review and you have a 95% success rate so one bad client won't make a huge difference.

That said, I have refunded clients in the past and its not pleasant. I think it depends on whether the client's refund request is genuine or just an attempt to avoid paying. This sounds a lot like the client just doesn't want to pay.

prestonhunter
Community Member

The client already ended the contract. The client already gave you feedback. There is no reason for you to give the client a refund.

A client who hires a freelancer to do work for them, and then tries to get the money back after the freelancer does the work is a thief. You do not owe them anything.

You said the client already closed the contract? If you left your feedback for the client, then you can see the client's feedback for this contract. Even if it doesn't show up on your profile page yet, you can look at it by going to your All Contracts page. What was the feedback?

bhuttaamna
Community Member

I am getting two options:

File a dispute or give refund.

What If I select nothing and leave it like this? Will money will be deducted from my upwork account automatically after 7 days?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members