🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client sent Contract as Docx File
Page options
jelizvideos
Community Member

Client sent Contract as Docx File

Hi. I just had my first client expressing interest to start working with me and he sent me a Docx format contract through messaging. Is this how it's supposed to happen? Also, the contract doesn't have any fields filled (etc; date, names, signatures of client himself), except the only field that is filled is the End Date, and it says that the contract is indefinite until both parties agree to depart. I'm confused what to do, could anyone please advise me? Thank you.

P.S. He also changed the budget in contract. In Job descrioption he said a fixed payment from 30$-60$, depending on the Freelancer's skill level and the delivered product. But in contract he changed it to 10$-60$.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Julieta,

In order to be eligible for our  Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on an official contract and fulfill the criteria required.

To learn more about getting started on Upwork and how to protect yourself, check out our resources Here.

Our team will also investigate the client further and will take proper actions if any violations are found. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Julieta,

In order to be eligible for our  Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on an official contract and fulfill the criteria required.

To learn more about getting started on Upwork and how to protect yourself, check out our resources Here.

Our team will also investigate the client further and will take proper actions if any violations are found. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members