🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client sent a file that triggers the "It ...
Page options
robin_fowler
Community Member

Client sent a file that triggers the "It is not safe to download this file" message

As the title states a file was sent to me by a client that gives me the message "It is not safe to download this file. If you really want to access this file please contact Customer Support" please unlock the file for me so i can download it

4 REPLIES 4
tlbp
Community Member

If you are willing to exchange contact information, the client can send you the file outside Upwork. 

florydev
Community Member

Robin F wrote:

As the title states a file was sent to me by a client that gives me the message "It is not safe to download this file. If you really want to access this file please contact Customer Support" please unlock the file for me so i can download it

You don't have to communicate through Upwork, it is not a requirement of the TOS.  I would setup some other mechanism to receive that file and considering what you do, I would think you already know how you would want to do that.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you with downloading the file you're referring to.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Upwork is not a file transfer tool.

Upwork is never going to be the solution for exchanging all types of files that clients and freelancers may want to exhange. Upwork has security protocols in place that damage some types of files.

It is a waste of your time to contact Customer Support in order to exchange files. Instead, use any method you prefer: FTP, email, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft One Drive, WeTransfer, USB flash drive, Box.com, etc.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members