🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client sent contract, but I can't see it
Page options
naughtonavery
Community Member

Client sent contract, but I can't see it

One of my clients (who I have been messaging via email) said she sent in a contract for me yesterday, when Upwork was undergoing maitenance. Even today, I didn't get a notification of the contract. I had her check again, and she said it looks like it was sent to me and it is marked as "pending." The money is already taken out of her account for the contract prepaid amount.  I've tried the online chat tool but all they told me was they didn't see any new contract for me. Clearly there's a disconnect, and I'm trying to figure out if my account isn't receiving contracts after the maintenance, or if my client didn't send it over correctly. I'm wondering if other freelancers are having this same issue after maintenance, and if I could get some direct help. Honestly, I'm not sure how the client was able to view her account yesterday since it was down for everyone else. 

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Avery, (I'm Avery too!)

Let me go look into this, and I'll come back here once I have more information about your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Avery, 

I checked your account but was unable to identify the client you are referring to. Are you and the client contacting each other outside of Upwork? Just a gentle reminder that users need to communicate through Upwork Messages until a contract has been set up. It's a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service to communicate outside of Upwork until there's a contract. You may read more about it here.

If you have your client's details, please send them to me through a PM by clicking on my name, and I will look into this further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members