🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client sent me their email and want to share ...
Page options
aynucia
Community Member

Client sent me their email and want to share the contract via email?

Hi there,

I need your advice about how to proceed in order to confirm the terms of Upwork and to be on the safe side. I made a proposal to a client yesterday, and today I got a message with the email address of the client and a message stating I can email them to get the details of the contract.

-----IN THIS MAIL THEY WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE EXPLIATIONS AND THE CONTRACT IN CASE YOU WANT TO SIGN IT. the web there is mail write there to be explained the steps and enter the list of the chosen languages----

Am I safe to email the client or shall I request the client to share the contract on the Upwork platform?

Thank you in advance,

Aynura

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Aynura,

Please let them know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork’s Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here

You may want to check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Aynura,

Please let them know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork’s Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here

You may want to check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Nikola
Upwork
aynucia
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thank you so much for your swift reply. I'll make sure the client is informed about what you stated.

Best Regards,

Aynura

colettelewis
Community Member

Aynura A wrote:

Hi there,

I need your advice about how to proceed in order to confirm the terms of Upwork and to be on the safe side. I made a proposal to a client yesterday, and today I got a message with the email address of the client and a message stating I can email them to get the details of the contract.

-----IN THIS MAIL THEY WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE EXPLIATIONS AND THE CONTRACT IN CASE YOU WANT TO SIGN IT. the web there is mail write there to be explained the steps and enter the list of the chosen languages----

Am I safe to email the client or shall I request the client to share the contract on the Upwork platform?

Thank you in advance,

Aynura

Aynura, 

I should think  there is a 99.9% chance that it is a scam. Scammers lie in wait for newcomers. Report the job and move on. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members