cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client set up an interview with me, then hired someone else.

Suzanne P Member Since: Apr 18, 2014
1 of 8
Just a vent, really. I applied to a data entry job today that would have probably taken 2-3 days to complete, at a decent hourly rate. The client replied and asked to set up a Skype interview this afternoon. It happened that I was working my non-virtual job today so I asked if it could be later in the day or tomorrow. The client readily agreed and we settled on this evening. Two hours later, I got an email from the client - she had hired someone else for the job. OK, fine, an interview is not a contract and she can certainly hire whomever she likes, but it just left me with a bad taste in my mouth. In my not so humble opinion, the polite thing to do would be to honor my interview and at least heard what I had to say, even if she'd already made up her mind. What do you guys think? Would you be annoyed or is this just the way it goes?
Ace Contributor
Alexander N Member Since: Sep 14, 2013
2 of 8
Two words: data entry. Why would anyone hire US citizen for this kind of job, and pay at least US minimal wage, when there is an abundance of cheap lots, who will slave themselves off for 0.5$ per hour or even less.
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
3 of 8
Hi Suazanne, Maybe things changed for the client and they found that they wanted the task completed quickly.
4 of 8
Well, I wasn't asking minimum wage. I get that she may have wanted it done faster, but it would have been nice to let me know instead of just canceling my interview. Judging by the one star rating I was given on this thread, I gather I have no right to vent, so - sorry.
Community Guru
5 of 8
The thing is that they probably can't get back to every potential candidate. Do you know how many others she was interviewing?
6 of 8
Two others.
Community Guru
7 of 8
I see. Well, it's happened to the best of us. I know it can be kinda annoying, but it can be a common practice on here.
Ace Contributor
Aleah T Member Since: Mar 25, 2010
8 of 8
It's just the way it goes. Move on and good luck with your other candidacies.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS