Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client set wrong start date on contract and wants to end it and begin a new one

lauradc
Laura D Member Since: Sep 7, 2016
1 of 5

Hi!

I'm having a small problem with a client and I'm afraid it could affect my Job Success score.

He set a contract, I accepted but he got the wrong start date. I was supposed to deliver first drafts tomorrow, but he set the start day tomorrow in stead of today. He says he can't change the start date, so he wants to end contract and start a new one. I'm wondering how this will affect my Job Success score.

From what I found out here, I told him we had two options:

1- to say contract was ended successfully and give each other 5 stars before starting the new contract.

2- to keep that date and send him first drafts on the next day.

I'm still waiting for a response, but I'm a bit nervous because he's a new client and I don't think he's too worried about his score. I'm afraid this could reflect badly on me.

What do you think??

Thank you!

Laura

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 5

I have ran into this before, but as I can recall my client was able to change the start date on the contract.  I'm going to flag your post so that you may get a quick answer from a mod. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 5

Hi Laura,

I believe you are referring to a contract that started today at 1:30 pm UTC. You should be able to log time on it. Please, let me know if you still can't or you are talking about a different contract.

~ Valeria
Upwork
editingcindy
Cindy N Member Since: Jan 21, 2019
4 of 5

The question remains:  Can the start date be edited by the client?  

I have a similar issue, the start date is tomorrow, the work is due today, but the client is saying that he doesn't see how to edit the start date... is it really not possible?  or is he just not seeing how to do it?

Thanks!

Cindy

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 5

Hi Cindy,

Unfortunately it's not possible for the start date to be edited at the moment. 

Your client will need to hire you on another contract or you can add manual time tomorrow, but keep in mind that manual time is not protected under our Upwork Hourly Protection. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS