🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client showing online but not replying to...
Page options
khanhammad_u
Community Member

Client showing online but not replying to discuss submitted work

Hello Upwork community

I had submitted a work on a fixed contract to a client. The client seem active at the time of hiring but he started to ignore messages when i submitted the work for payment. He was supposed to review the work and discuss in a meeting but he seems to ignore my messages. 

In a situation when a client is showing online on and off, would i be get paid after the lapse of 14 days period after work submission ? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Client showing online but not replying to discuss submitted work"

I strongly advise you to NOT look to see if a client is "online."

I have been a freelancer on Upwork for over 7 years. I have never used that "feature."

It is not even accurate. You have no way of knowing if a client is actually at their computer. He might be out of town and left his computer on. You have no way of knowing if a client is actually online but intentionally set his status to "NO online."

Even if you could accurately know if a client is online or not, knowing that information provides no benefit to you.

re: "...not replying to discuss submitted work"

Clients are not obligated to reply to freelancers.

re: "In a situation when a client is showing online on and off, would i be get paid after the lapse of 14 days period after work submission?"

If the client does nothing with your contract, then you will get paid AUTOMATICALLY after 14 days. This happens whether or not the client is "online."

I recommend that you simply relax, do nothing else, and wait to get paid.

When I submit, I don't even send a single message to the client. I click the "Submit work for payment" button and that's it. I work on other things. I don't try to communicate with the client. Because the "Submit" button already provided all the notification that the client needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Client showing online but not replying to discuss submitted work"

I strongly advise you to NOT look to see if a client is "online."

I have been a freelancer on Upwork for over 7 years. I have never used that "feature."

It is not even accurate. You have no way of knowing if a client is actually at their computer. He might be out of town and left his computer on. You have no way of knowing if a client is actually online but intentionally set his status to "NO online."

Even if you could accurately know if a client is online or not, knowing that information provides no benefit to you.

re: "...not replying to discuss submitted work"

Clients are not obligated to reply to freelancers.

re: "In a situation when a client is showing online on and off, would i be get paid after the lapse of 14 days period after work submission?"

If the client does nothing with your contract, then you will get paid AUTOMATICALLY after 14 days. This happens whether or not the client is "online."

I recommend that you simply relax, do nothing else, and wait to get paid.

When I submit, I don't even send a single message to the client. I click the "Submit work for payment" button and that's it. I work on other things. I don't try to communicate with the client. Because the "Submit" button already provided all the notification that the client needs.

Thank you so much Preston

tlbp
Community Member

If you submit the work and wait, you should get paid after 14 days. If you resubmit the work, the countdown will restart for another 14 days. 

There's really no purpose in tracking when a client is online or not. They don't live to respond to freelancers. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members