🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client snub after working for him
Page options
eloghosa_ihaza
Community Member

Client snub after working for him

A client hired me to provide a webpage with some clicks which I did since July 28. But I've been sending messages to him for the past 4 days without a single reply. Please how do I report him?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Eloghosa I wrote:

A client hired me to provide a webpage with some clicks which I did since July 28. But I've been sending messages to him for the past 4 days without a single reply. Please how do I report him?

If you used Upwork correctly, you get paid automatically. Clients don't have to reply to freelancers, it is all automatic (if you did it right)!

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
moonraker
Community Member

Do you have a contract with the client?
If so, have you submitted your work for payment?

Yes, I have. He has credited the Escrow account, and I've delivered the 50 clicks as requested, but I've been sending him messages for over 4 days now still with no reply.

Eloghosa I wrote:

Yes, I have. He has credited the Escrow account, and I've delivered the 50 clicks as requested, but I've been sending him messages for over 4 days now still with no reply.

If you have a contract, and you submitted the work for payment then the client has 14 days to review the work. Stop pestering them - they don't owe you anything at this point and there is nothing to report them for.

And check the flow diagram Petra posted below to be sure you have a contract. 

Eloghosa I wrote:

I've delivered the 50 clicks as requested, .

You delivered the what?

petra_r
Community Member

Eloghosa I wrote:

If you used Upwork correctly, you get paid automatically. Clients don't have to reply to freelancers, it is all automatic (if you did it right)!

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

It's "under review" now. So I guess I'll have to wait for 14 days if my messages keep falling on deaf ears. Thanks!

Eloghosa I.,

Clients often disappear for days or weeks at a time. After a couple of unanswered messages, I suggest you wait to hear from the client again (which may never happen).

Don't take it personally. We are told that many clients prefer hiring remote workers, which is likely true for some clients because they are not good communicators or they just have unprofessional manners.

If you have properly submitted your work via Upwork and your escrow has been fully funded by the client for that work, you'll just have to wait the 14 days to get the escrow released by Upwork. (Never begin work on a milestone if escrow for all previous milestones has not be released to you and 100% of escrow for the current milestone is not in place with Upwork.)

Unless your client submits an objection/requests changes to your most recently submitted work, the escrowed funds' release is automatic.

So you can move on to other projects for other clients.

Good luck!

There is no such thing as a client "snubbing" a freelancer.

There is:

"a freelancer using Upwork correctly"

or

"a freelancer using Upwork incorrectly"

re: "So I guess I'll have to wait for 14 days if my messages keep falling on deaf ears."

When I finish the task, I send zero messages to the client. I simply use the Submit button.

Eloghosa I wrote:

It's "under review" now. So I guess I'll have to wait for 14 days if my messages keep falling on deaf ears. Thanks!

If you keep sending messages, you'll end up with a 1-star review. Don't pester clients for payment. Learn how the payment system works and follow the process.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members