🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client starters a mediation dispute, now ...
Page options
shashaaank
Community Member

Client starters a mediation dispute, now want's to cancel it because the work was complete

Hello everyone,

One of my clients thought I did not complete the work and contacted upwork mediation service. After I contacted him back he told me that he only did it because he thought I did not respond to him and not finished the work.

The complete amount I will get out of the project is $320 and it is complete. I am worried that I will have to pay $291 now so I will not get anything where it was not my fault. I told my client many times that I am very honest and if you ever think my work is unfinished then I will refund you without any issue but he never asked for a refund and started this dispute.

Now he is saying that he wants to close the dispute, so my question is can we cancel the disopute so we don't ahve to pay $291?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Shashaank P wrote:

Thank you for your response. So if we do that then we won't have to pay for the $291?

You only have to pay $ 291 if you want to take the dispute to arbitration.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Shashaank P wrote:

Now he is saying that he wants to close the dispute, so my question is can we cancel the disopute so we don't ahve to pay $291?

simply say that you have come to an agreement in the mediation chat

Hello Petra,

Thank you for your response. So if we do that then we won't have to pay for the $291?

Thank you!

Shashaank P wrote:

You only have to pay $ 291 if you want to take the dispute to arbitration.

Thank you soo much. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths