🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client that has been unresponsive for quite a...
Page options
ernestodesigner
Community Member

Client that has been unresponsive for quite a while now

Hello Freelancers from Upwork world, I have a question for you all to help me solve it, I have had a contract since July, the client put a budget of $150.00 USD for the whole contract, the first milestone was a $25.00 USD, he said that he was going to pay until he was satisfied with the outcome of the first email design, so I believe i sent him over 25 email design versions and he never said he was satisified. I kept asking if the design was alright he never answered, after 14 days the payment for the first milestone was dissimbursed because he never responded again to my messages and the contract is still open...what should I do? should I close the contract ? would closing the contract be a bad thing for my JSS score? will it affect my JSS score if I keep it open? It has been over 3 months and he never responded. Thanks in advance for your help.

I attach a screenshot of how the budget of this contract and milestones are divided...

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Ernesto J wrote:

should I close the contract ? would closing the contract be a bad thing for my JSS score? 

You've been paid, so it won't affect your JSS unless the client leaves poor feedback. I'd close it.

Thanks for your reply, and If I don't close it It would definitely affect my JSS SCORE right? 

Ernesto J wrote:

Thanks for your reply, and If I don't close it It would definitely affect my JSS SCORE right? 

No, why should it? But it's best not to let such dead contracts pile up.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members