🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client threatening and abusing me for refund
Page options
zareef_muhammad
Community Member

Client threatening and abusing me for refund

Hi ,

Recently, I have successfully done sourcing project for a client. I have provided 600 candidates to him as per critarea and ask him to check the results in each day. He paid me successfully in first week and suddenly he said all results are not good while all results was good.

Then i shared some another results with him and ask him to check the results. He checked the results and appricated me that now results are excellent and keep it up. After that i provided 300 more good candidates. After recieving all the results he again claim that provided candidates are not good even i provided all the candidates acording to the critarea that he already appricated and approved.

More over, He started threatning and abusing me and send me $90 refund request. I refunded $90 to him because i don't want any controversy. But again he send me 2 more refund requests of $600 and $135 that i have not paid. Becaouse i already finished his work and ended the contract.

Please help me and sugguest me what should i do now ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kinector
Community Member

Muhammad, this doesn't sound right. The client is deliberately trying to cut you off without paying for the work you have already done.

If indeed the client has already released the earlier milestones that have been approved once, the client is in a bad position to dispute the money.

Perhaps, the only thing you could have done better is not to give the refund in the first place. Now, I guess, the client thinks you can be squeezed to get $0 and is going for it without remorse.

The client's business ethics is failing big time.

If you go for a dispute, I think your position is rather strong. Don't give any further refunds!

All the best. 👍

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had. Could you reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with your contract title or ID and any other details you would like to share with me? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kinector
Community Member

Muhammad, this doesn't sound right. The client is deliberately trying to cut you off without paying for the work you have already done.

If indeed the client has already released the earlier milestones that have been approved once, the client is in a bad position to dispute the money.

Perhaps, the only thing you could have done better is not to give the refund in the first place. Now, I guess, the client thinks you can be squeezed to get $0 and is going for it without remorse.

The client's business ethics is failing big time.

If you go for a dispute, I think your position is rather strong. Don't give any further refunds!

All the best. 👍
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members