🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client threatening
Page options
6ea2c122
Community Member

Client threatening

Hi. So I have been on Upwork for two months plus and working with different clients not much, but it has been great. Some days ago, this client contacted me. And asked me to write an article but he did not start any contract. Now he is using this language and threatening to report me. He is telling me I am not professional because I am not providing unpaid blogs of more than 1000 words.

What should I do?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

A few posts and replies to them have been removed from this thread as they were in violation of our Community Guidelines and values. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and respectful toward other users when posting.

Zulekha,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this client. Please know you can flag specific messages for our Trust and Safety team to review, here's how. 

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
yofazza
Community Member

Flag the message and let go.

He'll be banned and probably will return with a new username trying to find another freelancer to scam.

6ea2c122
Community Member

Hey Radia. I was worried that it would really affect my profile or if he could get my account banned by upwork. 

If there is no contract, it can't affect your profile in any way. A client can't leave feedback without a contract. There is nothing he can do.

penngrp
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines** I will give you a hint "there is no contract". What should you do? Simple, just stop talking to them.

yofazza
Community Member

No contract, right?

Even if there is a contract, and the client leave feedback, based on some cases I read I think you'll be able to ask support to remove the feedback including the JSS/private thing because the client is a true scammer.

my account banned

Why? 😐 I see not a single reason for that.

6ea2c122
Community Member

Thank you so much for your response. I am new to the platform yet. And it was my first experience facing such a client. 

AndreaG

Hi all,

A few posts and replies to them have been removed from this thread as they were in violation of our Community Guidelines and values. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and respectful toward other users when posting.

Zulekha,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this client. Please know you can flag specific messages for our Trust and Safety team to review, here's how. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Okay Thanks!

6ea2c122
Community Member

ok, thank you Andrea. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "What should I do?"

You don't even have a contract with him.

Just block him.

I'm not sure why this is a question.

jeremiah-brown
Community Member

Not under contract, doesn't matter.  Ignore it.  Block them.  

If you performed work without being on contract its safe to assume you lost those hours.  The good part is that they can't leave false feedback and damage your score.

Learn from it, flag them, move on.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members