🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client took signed NDA but now I suspect them
Page options
bhattacherjee86
Community Member

Client took signed NDA but now I suspect them

Client took signed NDA, asked for email, then organized meeting through Google meet, then sent sample work for practice, work completed and submitted and informed through upwork as well as email, no response for some days and not answered any queries, neither paid for sample work, now sent 1st milestone offer, but not willing to pay for sample work, also want me to accept invitation from some other website through email, and to open account in that website and to work there. Every passing day, new things are revealing. What to do? Can I reject the offer or I can't, since I have signed NDA. Please help.
3 REPLIES 3
a_lipsey
Community Member

Do you actually have a contract in Upwork? You would know this if you went under your My Jobs tab and select All Contracts. 

If you did not have a contract, then you worked for free and will not get paid. The client isn't going to come back or respond.

No, till now I have not accepted their offer. But before sending the offer, they took signed NDA and sent the sample work, which I completed and not got any payment for that.
But my concern is whether I can decline the offer now, since I have signed NDA or I will face any problem.
gina-herrera
Community Member

An NDA is a legal contract. No one HERE knows what the contract says besides you. It's unlikely that you made any sort of commitment to work in signing it, but why are you signing something that you didn't read in full? If it doesn't say in the contract that you can't escape it, then obviously you can walk away. If you are unsure, you should be asking a lawyer, not a forum. (Secondly, you shouldn't have done sample work for free, you can't really be mad that they didn't want to pay for it when you should have told them and set up a small milestone for the sample work).

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members