cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client trying to scam me, not sure what's best course of action

Highlighted
Andrew R Member Since: Apr 27, 2018
1 of 5

Client posted a job for 80$, easy enough for me, i bid 100$, he accepted but only added 60$ to the escrow

i finished the job, he kept asking for more stuff and more requirments, done them,

he ended the contract yesterday and asked for refund, his reason was that, he wrote it better himself and i was not sure what to do as accepting to refund will affect my JSS badly

today, he is asking for help with another part of the app (seriously, how dare those people do those acts), let alone, he has the code source and i've already wrote it, so if he was any good, he would've understood it rather than asking ...

i don't care for the 60$ (should've been 100$), even that i've earned them, i still care more for my JSS, what should i do?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 5

Hi Andrew,

First of all, you are top rated, so if you haven't used your perk in the last three months, you can use it to completely remove (public and private) feedback, whatever happens. 

Your client has closed the contract, so he has no right to ask you for any further work. I would refuse to do any more unless he pays you correctly for it. 

You could offer to refund the client, but remind him that if you do, he has no right to use your work and you will demand a takedown if he does. 

You could also refuse to refund, and your client would then have to dispute. This would be a bore for you as disputes are a drawn-out process, although I do not think this client would take it as far as arbitration. 

I hope you can get this horrible situation resolved soon. 

Highlighted
Andrew R Member Since: Apr 27, 2018
3 of 5

thanks for your help, is there anything i can do to not have this affect my JSS?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 5

@Andrew R wrote:

thanks for your help, is there anything i can do to not have this affect my JSS?

Not really, no.

I would wait and see what effect it has on your JSS (next update is on the 28th) and then use your perk to remove the impact and, if appropriate, the feedback.

This only works if you have not used the perk in the last 3 months and 10 closed contracts.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 5

@Andrew R wrote:

he ended the contract yesterday and asked for refund, his reason was that, he wrote it better himself and i was not sure what to do as accepting to refund will affect my JSS badly

Accepting the Request for refunding the Escow funds by itself would not affect your JSS, the client's feedback when he closed the contract doed.

So whatever effect this has on your JSS is already set in stone.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS