🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client unable to hire me
Page options
hookm3up
Community Member

Client unable to hire me

I have a client that's trying to hire me but they are unable to. They are getting error message "You cannot send an offer to this freelancer."..see screenshot.

Backstory: I had withdrew my proposal last week and I believed I blocked the client. I resubmitted my proposal but now he is getting said error message. Could be because I blocked them? I'm not seeing if and how to unblock them.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
hookm3up
Community Member

Just wanted to add my solution.

First the “Unblock” solution that was suggested DOES NOT work. Don’t listen to them because it doesn’t work. There is no “Unblock” option.

Second, if you have this problem, you have to call support and have them unblock on the backend. When you withdraw a proposal, there’s a pop up with the option to block the client. The ONLY way to unblock the client is to have Shopify support do it on the backend.

Use the phone number in the contact us page in the footer **Edited for community guidelines**

it gives you the option to talk to support for regular accounts (Just press 1). 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
paarth-singh
Community Member

Hello Marvin,

If you block someone on Upwork, he/she won't be able to see your profile or view your messages in Upwork. That can be a reason that they can't hire you.

**To Unblock the Account.

Please type the name of the person you were communicating with in the search box> select their contact/room from the drop-down menu > click the three dots icon on the right side and select the option to unblock them.

Thanks & Regards 
Paarth Jolly.

Hi

I have the same question but proposed solution doesn't work (screen attached)

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Roman,

If your client is having an issue with sending you an offer please ask him to reach out to us directly or to our Customer Support so that we can assist them further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

OK

Thanks for you answer

hookm3up
Community Member

Just wanted to add my solution.

First the “Unblock” solution that was suggested DOES NOT work. Don’t listen to them because it doesn’t work. There is no “Unblock” option.

Second, if you have this problem, you have to call support and have them unblock on the backend. When you withdraw a proposal, there’s a pop up with the option to block the client. The ONLY way to unblock the client is to have Shopify support do it on the backend.

Use the phone number in the contact us page in the footer **Edited for community guidelines**

it gives you the option to talk to support for regular accounts (Just press 1). 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths