🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client unable to make payments to his acc...
Page options
alex_mahinge
Community Member

Client unable to make payments to his account

My client claims he is having issues making payments on his account and hence can not fund milestones. He was facing the same problem last time as well . Please advice

9 REPLIES 9
richardrader
Community Member

Unless the client funds the milestone, make sure you don't work on it. If you work on a unfunded milestone, you risk not getting paid for the work complete. 

This is really the client's issue, so just let him know to create a ticket with support
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new 

The link you sent me does not offer any help, he says there is no support assistant to help only a chatbot 

Hi Alex,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the client you're rearing to. I'll check that further and assist them accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Alex, you do not need Customer Support.

Your client may need to work things out with Support, but even he probably doesn't need Customer Support. He just needs to use a valid credit card to fund the next milestone.

What YOU need to do is nothing. If a milestone hasn't been funded, then you don't do the work. It is that simple. If a client is having trouble paying to use Upwork, then that is an issue for him to solve. A freelancer can't do anything about it.

alex_mahinge
Community Member

Hello, So we have worked with this client before and actually on our last contract we didi not get to finish it, it came a time he claimed that he could not make payments and and I refused to work so he ended the contract. Now after about a mont he is back with a new project, we have discussed and agreed terms so when I asked him to create a Milestone he claimed the same issue again. So he is currently asking me I'm in any other platforms eg Fiverr etc.

his name is  **Edited for Community Guidelines**  . Please advice 

Alex M wrote:

Hello, So we have worked with this client before and actually on our last contract we didi not get to finish it, it came a time he claimed that he could not make payments and and I refused to work so he ended the contract. Now after about a mont he is back with a new project, we have discussed and agreed terms so when I asked him to create a Milestone he claimed the same issue again. So he is currently asking me I'm in any other platforms eg Fiverr etc.

Run. Run fast, run far. Don't look back.

re: "So he is currently asking me I'm in any other platforms eg Fiverr etc."

Maybe you should block him.

Freelancers have had their accounts suspended simply for DISCUSSING doing something like that.

What that client suggested is definitely a serious violation of Upwork ToS.

Alex M wrote:

This "client" is really trying hard to get you to work for free. You aren't going to get paid by this person. Stop talking to them and find someone to work for who will actually pay you. 

alex_mahinge
Community Member

Thank you guys for your help. I appreciate it 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members