Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client unable to pay and give refund

Highlighted
Erika M Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
1 of 5

Hello dear upwork!
I hope the client unable to pay.bacause I have spent lot of time for this project.I have done two time changes when I was asked my client for approval the client stop replying but When I was busy the client was changes.
Please find the attachment for our chat Conventio.
I want to solve the problem quickly I worked honestly so I want my payment.
Thanks
Erika

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

What do you mean "the client is unable to pay?"

If you have a contract and the client's payment method is verified, payment is automatic.

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Erika M Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
3 of 5

**Edited for Community Guidelines**has submitted an update you may want to review on dispute #10061171
Contract: **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Client: **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Disputed amount: $50.00
Reason for dispute: Completed milestone to requirements, Client changed requirements, Other
The job now dispute.
Now I want to solution.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 5

Hi Erika,

I can see that you have an open dispute for this and our team will be assisting you directly on your ticket. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them on your ticket. To learn more about our Dispute process check out this Thread. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
5 of 5

When initiating a dispute the first phase is an Upwork mediator who will tell you to contact the client and try to work out an arrangement that is agreeable to both of you.  If that can't be done for whatever reason, the next and last phase is arbitration. To go to arbitration it will will cost you $291 and the client $291. Whoever is determined to be the "winner" will not get that fee back. The only way they can get their fee back is if the other party does not pay their arbitration fee. It's a gamble. 50-50 odds. You can call their bluff. If you are really really sure that you submitted professional, quality work, and preformed to the scope/requirements of the job, you may want to take that gamble hoping that the client will not want to lose $291 over $50. Note, if for whatever reason you don't pay your fee, but the client does your account will be suspended. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS