🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client unsure about project ended contract wi...
Page options
neetole
Community Member

Client unsure about project ended contract without paying after I submitted work

Hi!

I am new here and have some doubts about the way my first project ended. Can you please help?

I was assignned a video editing project by my client. We started with a zoom call to discuss her requirements and to understand the scope of work. Once we decided we were both on the same page, she asked me to select royalty free music. I did that. Then she sent me video files to edit. I spent three days creating a video according to her brief. At the end of the first day I shared a rough cut to give her a glimpse of what I was doing. She shared her feedback. I incorporated the changes and sent a pretty much final cut to her yesterday so she can get back to me with specific changes she may have. But she wrote back saying she's unsure about what she wants out of these videos and so is ending the contract and not hiring any other editor till she herself figures out what she wants. I understand but I spent more than 10 hours on the projects and it ads up to around $160. She hasn't mentioned clearing this amount. What is the right thing to do in such a situation? She has given me a 5 star rating and a good review also. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Neetole M wrote:

I understand but I spent more than 10 hours on the projects and it ads up to around $160. She hasn't mentioned clearing this amount. What is the right thing to do in such a situation? She has given me a 5 star rating and a good review also. 

It was an hourly contract, right?

If you tracked your time, you'll get paid automatically. The client will be charged for all the hours you tracked this week on Monday.

Here is how you get paid for hourly contracts

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Neetole M wrote:

I understand but I spent more than 10 hours on the projects and it ads up to around $160. She hasn't mentioned clearing this amount. What is the right thing to do in such a situation? She has given me a 5 star rating and a good review also. 

It was an hourly contract, right?

If you tracked your time, you'll get paid automatically. The client will be charged for all the hours you tracked this week on Monday.

Here is how you get paid for hourly contracts

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members