cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client used milestones to pay less

Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
11 of 13
You may message the client again, in good faith.
Consider reminding them that, as per the Upwork feedback system, you'll be leaving them honest feedback on that aspect of your experience with them.
Anita S Member Since: Sep 18, 2018
12 of 13

You are right, but I think I'm going to chalk this up as a learning experience and let karma handle the rest. The client is also a freelancer for Upwork.  I hope he enjoys his $10.

Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
13 of 13

Anita S wrote:

You are right, but I think I'm going to chalk this up as a learning experience and let karma handle the rest. The client is also a freelancer for Upwork.  I hope he enjoys his $10.

If he is a freelancer he should the ToS. Just point him to this section from the

Optional Service Contract Terms.

6.4 OWNERSHIP OF WORK PRODUCT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Upon Freelancer’s receipt of full payment from Client, the Work Product (except for any Background Technology), including without limitation all Intellectual Property Rights in the Work Product (except for any Background Technology), will be the sole and exclusive property of Client, and Client will be deemed to be the author thereof.

Just offer to consider the bonus as part of the payment. If the contract has been closed, he has left his feedback and you can still use your feedback to warn others.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS