Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client verified but unresponsive

kanita-sahinovic
Kanita S Member Since: Feb 26, 2017
1 of 4

Hi!

I am relatively new to Upwork (started in January) and i have completed 7 jobs succesfully so far (with no issues whatsoever).

I regularly submit proposals for jobs that fit my skills. 

I received a response from one of the clients BUT the proposal answered wasn't for the job I applied to. It was for another job posted by the same client. It included a process of going to the webpage the client owns and creating an account, checking it out and leaving a review. Since I am familiar with that type of work I choose to do the job required (it involved 4 steps).

I finished what was asked of me and the client stopped responding, only to respond 7 days later to tell me that he will get back to me in a week. It has been 10 days since his last response.

I want to add that the client is payment verified, has a job history (68 hires) and I am not under a contract (I assumed he may be too busy or simply forgotten, it happened before with another client and I had no issues).

I am not sure what to do now. Do I report him? Do I wait? 

I am aware that I made a mistake not working under a contract but I do not know if I can fix that and how.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

@Kanita S wrote:

I want to add that the client is payment verified, has a job history (68 hires) and I am not under a contract (I assumed he may be too busy or simply forgotten, it happened before with another client and I had no issues).

I am not sure what to do now. Do I report him? Do I wait? 

I am aware that I made a mistake not working under a contract but I do not know if I can fix that and how.

You can't fix it, only the client can, by hiring and paying you.

In future, just don't work until you have a contract!

kanita-sahinovic
Kanita S Member Since: Feb 26, 2017
3 of 4

I should have seen it coming I guess :/ 

Fair enough.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Kanita,

Please ask the client to hire you and process the payment for the work you completed. Make sure you never start working without a contract and review the information shared in this thread in order to successfully work on Upwork.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS