cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client want me to work outside upwork

jaidev_bangar
Jaidev B Member Since: Feb 3, 2016
1 of 6

Recently I have been asked by the client to work outside the Upwork, I am not accepting that but i am afraid he will drop me bad feedback.

Such client need to be banned from the upwork and must not be given any chance to drop the feedback on freelancers account.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

@Jaidev B wrote:

Recently I have been asked by the client to work outside the Upwork, I am not accepting that but i am afraid he will drop me bad feedback.

Have you reported the client along with proof (Screenshots?)

*IF* you end up with poor feedback you can use your perk (provided you have not used it in the last 3 months / 10 contracts) to have it removed as you are top rated.

jaidev_bangar
Jaidev B Member Since: Feb 3, 2016
3 of 6

No yet, he got some of his payment issues, as I was working with him for long time. he said work for task I will pay rest by upwork later.. on a good note and client must not get affected I did that for few weeks.. 

when he came back, he deducted all my payments, said you will be paid for this much only.. I was shocked. then I sent said, it was not planned at all and I need my all money. And even he said I will not work through upwork any more and will work through the Time Doctor only.

now my concern is, I did few weeks work for him without upwork, so that he can get his project released and his launch date wont get effected, but now I am asking him to start work through over upwork or end the contract.

I have skype chat where he has mentioned that He has mentioned many time, no upwork through TimeDoctor.

but I keep asking him to get back to upwork as now his payment concerns are resolved. He is asking me to draw a line what has been happened behind, start with low rate on Upwork. 

Very irritating now..

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

@Jaidev B wrote:

I did few weeks work for him without upwork, so that he can get his project released and his launch date wont get effected,

You were paid outside Upwork?

r2streu
Community Guru
Randall S Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
5 of 6

If it turns out you accepted payment from this client for work outside of Upwork, this may well be a moot point -- just just in case it isn't:

Don't do work for a client without a FULLY FUNDED milestone with a verified payment. 

Until they've funded your work, their deadlines aren't your problem. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 6

Hi Jaidev,

As others have already pointed out on this thread, it's against Upwork ToS to offer or accept a payment outside of Upwork. If a client makes such offer, please report them to the team. Also, make sure you have an active contract and the client's payment method is verified before you do any work on the project. If the contract is fixed-price check if a milestone is funded, if it's hourly, user Upwork App to track you time in order to benefit from Upwork Payment Protection.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS