🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client want refund after 20 days of job compl...
Page options
saeedahmad0609
Community Member

Client want refund after 20 days of job completed.

Hello everyone,
I worked with a client on a market research project. The job was ended successfully on july 13. Now after almost 20 days he is asking for refund. There is no option to Cancel his refund request. Upon contacting customer support, they said I cant cancel the refund request as the project is aready completed and 14 days are passed so I should just ignore it. 
I am not sure if this is the right thing to do. 
Client was extremely rude from the start thats why I did the project first, sent him the file and then asked him to create a milestone if he thinks the information was helpful.
I have explained everything about the job that I could but he just dont seem to understand. His last message was "look you either respond or I'll file a dispute and your rating will suffer and you might be excluded from upwork. i've worked on upwork for 5 years...i have many open contracts... just think about what upwork will do...." 
I want to know if a client can still file a dispute on closed contract and if I should just ignore his refund request (like CS suggested). 

Thank you. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Saeed A wrote:

The job was ended successfully on july 13. Now after almost 20 days he is asking for refund. There is no option to Cancel his refund request. Upon contacting customer support, they said I cant cancel the refund request as the project is aready completed and 14 days are passed so I should just ignore it.

Ignoring a client is a bad idea.

Send the client a polite, professional and firm response that the contract was concluded as per the agreed scope and that you are therefor unable to offer a refund at this time (IF the contract was indeed finished with everything that was agreed done correctly.)

The client *CAN* file a dispute. If that happens, come back to discuss further.

Saeed A wrote:

His last message was "look you either respond or I'll file a dispute and your rating will suffer and you might be excluded from upwork. i've worked on upwork for 5 years...i have many open contracts... just think about what upwork will do...." 
I want to know if a client can still file a dispute on closed contract and if I should just ignore his 

Yes he CAN - up to 30 days after the last payment was released.

Your rating can't suffer because the contract is closed (yes?) and feedback has already been left (yes?)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Saeed A wrote:

The job was ended successfully on july 13. Now after almost 20 days he is asking for refund. There is no option to Cancel his refund request. Upon contacting customer support, they said I cant cancel the refund request as the project is aready completed and 14 days are passed so I should just ignore it.

Ignoring a client is a bad idea.

Send the client a polite, professional and firm response that the contract was concluded as per the agreed scope and that you are therefor unable to offer a refund at this time (IF the contract was indeed finished with everything that was agreed done correctly.)

The client *CAN* file a dispute. If that happens, come back to discuss further.

Saeed A wrote:

His last message was "look you either respond or I'll file a dispute and your rating will suffer and you might be excluded from upwork. i've worked on upwork for 5 years...i have many open contracts... just think about what upwork will do...." 
I want to know if a client can still file a dispute on closed contract and if I should just ignore his 

Yes he CAN - up to 30 days after the last payment was released.

Your rating can't suffer because the contract is closed (yes?) and feedback has already been left (yes?)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members