🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client wanted to steal the work
Page options
niabarreto
Community Member

Client wanted to steal the work

I got hired by a man called **Edited for Community Guidelines**, who has a company names **Edited for Community Guidelines**. First, he made me copy the work of someone else, whom I didn't know who it was at the moment. He paid for it and said he wanted to work outside the platform because he wanted to pay me better. Plot twist, he didn't. And I found out that the content was being plagiarized by a famous freelancer... 

Be careful with this man. 

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Estefania,

I'm sorry to hear about all that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
rverang
Community Member

Estefania B wrote:

he wanted to work outside the platform because he wanted to pay me better. Plot twist, he didn't.

You agreed?

See bullet point #2

researchediting
Community Member

Estefania B wrote:

....First, he made me copy the work of someone else, whom I didn't know who it was at the moment....And I found out that the content was being plagiarized by a famous freelancer... 

You knew you were copying someone else's work, just not whose?

Somebody besides you was plagiarizing, and the "fame" of that person is relevant how?

Hi!
With this topic, I thought it was a test. I had to copy an animation, done with pretty common assets, so yes, I copied it thinking it was all part of a test somehow.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths