Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client wants money for good feedback.((((

marvyjay
Marvel J Member Since: Jun 30, 2011
11 of 19

Woman SurprisedWoman SurprisedWoman SurprisedWoman Surprised

WHAT????  I am so sorry about your experience!  Not everyone was fully evovled, unfortunately.  

I have seen so many scary forum posts, but this one made it to the top of my list. I started working again, but it seems as if things are the same with the exception of rebranding Smiley Happy

I hope they sort you out. Keep your chin up

elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
12 of 19

@Valeria K wrote:

Also, I would like to ask you to please avoid asking your clients to give you a highest or five star feedback. 

Well, to some extent this is a situation Upwork has created for its freelancers, isn't it?

By making us need (really good) feedback while refraining from asking/prompting clients to leave feedback (at all). It's all part of forcing us to 'educate clients' from where I am standing.

And reading Levon's explanation (above) it sounds like sth most people would have done with their JS score in mind.

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
13 of 19

@Ela K wrote:

And reading Levon's explanation (above) it sounds like sth most people would have done with their JS score in mind.

I agree Ela. It does NOT sound like he was soliciting good feedback but trying to ascertain whether the client was so upset by Upwork that he was likely to leave bad feedback for the freelancer. I can fully understand why he did what he did and do NOT see it the way Valerie is explaining it. Maybe a language barrier? 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
14 of 19

Regardless of the totality of the situation involving the original poster, I can't imagine Upwork ever being comfortable with a contractor asking a client: "Can I hope your good feedback?"

I know Levon explained why he asked the question in this situation, and explained that he does not normally ask such questions.

But that definitely gets into territory that Upwork doesn't want to encourage.

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
15 of 19

@Preston H wrote:

Regardless of the totality of the situation involving the original poster, I can't imagine Upwork ever being comfortable with a contractor asking a client: "Can I hope your good feedback?"

I know Levon explained why he asked the question in this situation, and explained that he does not normally ask such questions.

But that definitely gets into territory that Upwork doesn't want to encourage.

But Upwork is encouraging it. It is not any better then when freelancers or clients did blackmail. If the client doesn't understand (which then don't, as I have posted a conversation several times with a previous client,) that specific scores will damage the reputation of the freelancer, and Upwork won't take the responsibility of explaining all their changes, then it is up to the freelancer to explain. Which in tur is as bad as asking for specific feedback.

We all know they don't want this, but they are encouraging it because they aren't explaining to anyone how things work. So any score under a certain amount will drop your JS.

None of this is right. 

tj1972
Community Guru
Tamaz J Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
16 of 19

WOW.... This is unbelieable!

I'm so sorry Levon hearing this.

It seems to me that with this JS score slowly-slowly Titanic is closing on to the iceberg...  

The question is who's Titanic and who's iceberg?

grigoryan_levon
Levon G Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
17 of 19

It seems to me that with this JS score slowly-slowly Titanic is closing on to the iceberg...  

Thanks for encouraging me in this situtation Tamaz!

But I provide high quality in Upwork, and definitely I'm not going to be Titanic.

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
18 of 19

I quite like skype conversations with useless clients. It lets me discover what I already suspected quite quickly, and to express my opinions about their behaviour freely.

engineer-labs
Antonio A Member Since: Jul 15, 2015
19 of 19

Sounds like that client is an extortionist... Why does he/she need to do that?

Cheers,
Antonio
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS