cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client wants refund after completion of contract

Palak G Member Since: Jun 29, 2013
1 of 5
I have written 15000 words for my client and I submitted him the work. He said the work and content is good. Now after 10 days he is saying that the content is all copied. But, during my contract I asked him, that can i take some reference from other websites and re-frame it and put it in your content? He agreed to it. Now, what should I do?
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
2 of 5
Sourcing quotes and giving credit when writing a new text is different than copying and pasting some one elses work and turning it in as your own.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
3 of 5
You can start by writing your own, non-plagiarised overview. Too bad the client didn't catch that; they would've been spared a lot of grief.
Robin C Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
4 of 5
[quote=Palak Gupta]Now, what should I do?[/quote] Learn how to write your own content and learn about copyright laws before taking on another contract. Learn how to quote someone without stealing their work. Refund the money. If it is how it sound, your work is useless to your client. Worse than useless; it could actually get him into legal trouble. [quote=Palak Gupta]Now after 10 days he is saying that the content is all copied. I asked him, that can i take some reference from other websites and re-frame it and put it in your content?[/quote] He is saying that the work is "all copied." Copied is different than referenced or re-framed. He expected you to quote experts (giving credit where credit is due) and summarize pertinent information, not cut and paste. These are completely different things. One requires skill, the other anyone with a computer and mouse can do.
Mohammad Shoeb A Member Since: Feb 24, 2010
5 of 5
Nice comment...
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS