cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client wants to pay 50% for about 95% of the work?

Community Leader
Michael Z Member Since: Jul 19, 2015
61 of 62

Honestly, I don't think the client meant anything bad with it.
I was never directly told I'd receive bad feedback the first time  - but if I had not accepted his offer of half the amount, I'm pretty sure  that's what would have happened. 

Had I not given him bad feedback myself, what else would have happened besides arbitration? 

The only reason I accepted his offers which both included something to do with feedback is because I was in touch with CS and they were aware of the communication between the two of us. 

All in all, I assume this client wants to continue utilizing upwork. Or else he obviously would not have proposed this. But I have learned from this experience, and I hope they have also. And in further cases, I hope they actually work on their negative points. 

Either way, JS updates tomorrow. I'm not sure when it'll affect my JS since it's been closed. I presume it didn't affect me when the dispute was still ongoing, so I shall see tomorrow.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
62 of 62

Hi Michael and others,

I am glad Michael and his client were able to communicate and come to an agreement as the team had advised. Note that  Upwork team cannot enforce either parties to change feedback however we do recommend that both parties communicate with each other to resolve the matter. I have reached out to our Dispute team to clarify the issue.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS