🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client wants to pay me fo 1 picture but sets ...
Page options
b73f5cdf
Community Member

Client wants to pay me fo 1 picture but sets up hourly payment for up to 40 hours a week.

Hello!
I'm a new freelancer (photo retouch)
The 1st client sets up an hourly rate of up to 40 hours per week. At the same time, he says he'll pay for 1 picture(to see the work).
Is it possible to set milestones after I accept the offer? - So maybe he can pay for 1 pic for 1 milestone.
As well I said that if we will cooperate in the future I can work with him for up to 30 hours weekly only, but he doesn't change the offer...
I don't want to get in trouble by not satisfying the offer... Should I insist to change the offer? Or how exactly does it work?
Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
m_terrazas
Community Member

Kateryna S wrote:

Hello!
I'm a new freelancer (photo retouch)
The 1st client sets up an hourly rate of up to 40 hours per week. At the same time, he says he'll pay for 1 picture(to see the work).
Is it possible to set milestones after I accept the offer? - So maybe he can pay for 1 pic for 1 milestone.
As well I said that if we will cooperate in the future I can work with him for up to 30 hours weekly only, but he doesn't change the offer...
I don't want to get in trouble by not satisfying the offer... Should I insist to change the offer? Or how exactly does it work?
Thank you in advance!

The post is a bit confusing.
Is a contract created? Is it per hour or fixed price?

Hello Maria! 

Thank you for the reply, and sorry for describing my problem unclear.

The client sent me an offer for up to 40 hours a week, for a specific hour rate, and, at the same time asked me to retouch 1 picture for the fixed price to check my skills(for different from the hour rate amount of money) without an offer just texting. So I got confused: If I should accept the offer, and THEN to set the milestone, and get payed for 1 picture... Is it even possible to do that AFTER I accepted the offer - at the moment I don't really undertand HOW IT WORKS:
Who sets the milestone and when?
Can the freelancer change anything during the contract? (if the client wanted me to work for him 40 hours a week, what if I don't like to work with him, especially if he starts with talking about 1 thing and acting differently?)
For me it sounds good to have a cient for the long term, but as I wasn't sure about this cpecific one, and I don't know if I can finish the contract myself without the harm for my profile or change anything during the contract if there are some problems... I didn't know what to do... Accept it or not?
Why does he open a long term offer for many working hours if he still wants to check my skills by making me retouch 1 picture for him? How can I get payed for this 1 picture(he said he'll pay, but HOW?) And in general: can a freelancer ask to change conditions when an offer is already axcepted? Or can a freelance stop the contarct? What's the procedure?
As I still wanted to get the job(my 1st one), I asked him to shange hours in his offer to 30 hours a week, but he refused to do it.. so it looked even more suspicoius to me... While I tried to find some info about the contract action algorithm, he deleted an offer... I should say I feel relieved))))
But for future, can you answer my questions please?

Thank you in advance!!

yofazza
Community Member

Instead of bugging the client to redo some administrative tasks, I'll just log the hour (or put manual time) to get an equal value of that 1 pic retouch cost.

I will say something like, "I'll log X hours so your card will be charged X dollars, unless if you want to cancel this contract and create the correct one".

Just remember you'll have the control here and don't disappoint the client.

How can I get payed for this 1 picture

You get paid automatically, you need to wait for more than a week on an hourly contract, or 5 days on the fixed ones.

Scam

Of course all of the above is by assuming it's a real client not a scammer.

I hope it's not a real client that got turned off by the "administrative tasks" 😁

b73f5cdf
Community Member

Thank you Radia! But I hope there'a a chance to get more friendly and informative answers, counting the fact that it's not easy for the beginner, who never done  a contract yet, and who's afraid to get bad fist review in case of submitting the wrong conditions offer... in case if the goal of the client could be to get the "freshman" confused and make him do what he wants by keeping him afraid to get bad review... yes, when you've never done this - it's hard to understand what's automatically and what's not, dealing with the person who doesnt do what he says... 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members