🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client wants to pay per published guest post,...
Page options
maszatjanka
Community Member

Client wants to pay per published guest post, from ready-made material...

Hi, I've been contacted by a client to do link building in a niche field, in a small country (so: target media is quite low). It's only guest posting to first-tier sites (no directories, Wikipedia etc.), and it turns out that:

- he wants to send all the materials, without letting me edit them before pitching

- he only wants to pay per published article.

I don't want to accept this, as nobody in PR does anyway - especially that I wouldn't know in advance whether I have to sell **bleep**. My question is:

- Does it even comply with Upwork terms? Is it OK to pay based on such a flexible milestone? (Can I refer to it that it isn't?)

- Can he have any practical experience about this, or is he just trying? Does anyone pay like that at all? (For me it sounds like a trap, which no professional might accept.)

2 REPLIES 2
moonraker
Community Member

I've seen a lot of these myself, I won't apply for them either. I want to know before I start working that I will be paid for my efforts.

It also sounds to me as though it is sailing close to the wind where breaking the rules is concerned. 

Thanks! So you think it's not exactly breaking the rules, just close to it?

(Of course I wouldn't have replied if he had clarified this system in advance... That's why I guessed that he knows it's not fair, and also this is why he directed further communication to Skype.)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members