🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client wants to refer a friend to me...
Page options
kelly_e
Community Member

Client wants to refer a friend to me...

Hi folks,

An Upwork client of mine wants to refer a friend to me directly. The friend hasn't used UW before, and really just wants to use it in order to work with me, which makes me feel well-loved!

However, I'm not sure this is possible. I looked in the Client section of Help and didn't see an issue like this addressed.

Can a newly signed-up Upwork employer just go to my profile and get in touch with me... or can they create a job only I can see, and then invite only me to it... or is there some other way? My client is not very tech-savvy and I assume the friend probably isn't either, so I'd like to break it down carefully into steps that won't scare him or her off from Upwork.

Thanks for your help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Kelly,

Yes, you can certainly share your profile link directly with the client! That way they will see the Hire and Invite button right there and be able to contact you. If they don't have a job post created and click on Invite, they'll be prompted to create one and guided through the process.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Kelly,

Yes, you can certainly share your profile link directly with the client! That way they will see the Hire and Invite button right there and be able to contact you. If they don't have a job post created and click on Invite, they'll be prompted to create one and guided through the process.

~Andrea
Upwork
kelly_e
Community Member

Thanks Andrea. It's been a long time since I was on the other side of the UW equation, I just couldn't remember how it would work for them!

shahadat0164
Community Member

yes you can

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members