🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client wasted our important time by taking lo...
Page options
gautamc19
Community Member

Client wasted our important time by taking long interview but not Hire

Hello Upwork,

My name is Gautam Chudasama. I have been working in Upwork since 7+ month.

I regret to inform you that Upwork Client just wasting our time by taking long interview and after few waits/days they went and did not respond to us.

I have few bad experience with Upwork Client who did not respond to us very long time.

I have wasted lots of connections, Money and Time but 95% clients are irresponsive.

Can you please consider this thing and take some action?

We will expect your positive response.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Gautam C wrote:

Can you please consider this thing and take some action?

What kind of "action?" Upwork can't force a client to hire you.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Clients interview you because they're interested in hiring you. If you think that this is a "waste of your important time" then it's possible you're conveying this attitude to potential clients and putting them off. If you frequently get to the interview stage but then don't get hired, you might want to research and improve your approach to closing a deal.

It's true that some clients will just try to take advantage of you to get free advice. In that case, tell them in advance that you're happy to have a phone call or chat, but it will be limited to 10-15 minutes; if they want a longer consultation, they should hire and pay you for it.

Upwork is not going to penalize clients for taking too long to hire you or not hiring you at all - nor should they - so you're going to have to find a way to manage this yourself.

Apply to jobs for which you are an ideal candidate. Talk to clients only briefly before being hired. Use the pre-hire time as an opportunity to demonstrate that you are a person the client is eager to hire.

Then it is you who sets the terms. It is you who tells the client that they may hire you now, and that after doing so, you will be able to discuss the project with them in more detail and begin working on their project.

If a client wastes your time with extended pre-hire questions, then the client will lose the opportunity to work with you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths