Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client with several completed projects but no Client Feedback received

purplepony
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
1 of 7

I'm curious why a Client with several completed projects over the past few years apparently hasn't received any Client Feedbacks.  That seems suspicious to me.  (They've only given a couple of Feedbacks to Freelancers but that's beside the point as I'm referring to Feedback the Client would receive.)

I read somewhere last week that some Clients' information that were originally with Elance didn't migrate to Upwork but am uncertain as to the degree that may have occurred.  Also, it doesn't make sense to me that their project information over the past few years shows without Feedback information if the Feedback information was provided.

Who says everything makes sense, right? lol  Thanks in advance for your input. 

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

@Pat M wrote:

I'm curious why a Client with several completed projects over the past few years apparently hasn't received any Client Feedbacks.  That seems suspicious to me.  (They've only given a couple of Feedbacks to Freelancers but that's beside the point as I'm referring to Feedback the Client would receive.)

I read somewhere last week that some Clients' information that were originally with Elance didn't migrate to Upwork but am uncertain as to the degree that may have occurred.  Also, it doesn't make sense to me that their project information over the past few years shows without Feedback information if the Feedback information was provided.

Who says everything makes sense, right? lol  Thanks in advance for your input. 

Without being able to look at the client history in question, I can say that I can spot an Elancer client very easily. The Jobs are not clickable, and there is no feedback to or from the client.

Having said this, I give a wide berth to Clients with obvious Upwork job history, but lacking either freelancer feedback (there are clients who think feedback is bullhucky), or postive feedback from freelancer to client.

Said another way, if I can't gauge the quality of the client from their work history, I move on.

View solution in original post

purplepony
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
3 of 7

Pandora H wrote:

Without being able to look at the client history in question, I can say that I can spot an Elancer client very easily. The Jobs are not clickable, and there is no feedback to or from the client.

Having said this, I give a wide berth to Clients with obvious Upwork job history, but lacking either freelancer feedback (there are clients who think feedback is bullhucky), or postive feedback from freelancer to client.

Said another way, if I can't gauge the quality of the client from their work history, I move on.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you, Pandora.  I appreciate the information.  It appears that the Client was a past Elancer but has been with Upwork for a bit now.

I agree about gauging the quality of the client.  It appears my suspicions may be founded.  Moving on...Woman Happy  

k-farhan
Khalid F Member Since: Feb 23, 2016
4 of 7

99% Freelancers i know will always provide a feedback to their clients. That is just how it is. So when we see that a client does not have enough feedback, that is a bit off the grid. Having said that, it is normal too. Upwork does many things to protect freelancers and if you working with milestone/hourly, you will always be safe.

Don't worry much. Go for the bid.  

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
5 of 7

I don't know whether it's the Elance issue or not, but what you describe shouldn't be possible, so it definitely sounds like there's information missing.

The person who closes the contract has to leave feedback, which means that at a minimum each transaction should have feedback on one side or the other. If you're seeing that the client rarely leaves OR receives feedback...that just shouldn't be able to happen, so I'd assume it's not all displaying for some reason.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 7

Hi Tiffany and others,

On Upwork the party that ends the contract is prompted to leave feedback and the other party has 14 days to leave theirs. If they don't leave it, it would show as No Feedback. That said, feedback system worked differently on Elance, that's why you may see that Work Histories of clients who migrated from Elance may have a lot of jobs without feedback.

~ Valeria
Upwork
pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
7 of 7

@Tiffany S wrote:

I don't know whether it's the Elance issue or not, but what you describe shouldn't be possible, so it definitely sounds like there's information missing.

The person who closes the contract has to leave feedback, which means that at a minimum each transaction should have feedback on one side or the other. If you're seeing that the client rarely leaves OR receives feedback...that just shouldn't be able to happen, so I'd assume it's not all displaying for some reason.

Update: Thanks Valeria, for that useful data.

I'm referring to written feedback.  In the below example, the image shows:

1. Feedback written by a freelancer, and it's showing in the Client Job History - This is useful.

2. Client Job History, no written feedback from freelancer. Not a bug. Not useful.

3. Freelancer job history, no written feedback. Not a bug. Not useful.

feedback-examples.png

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS