🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client without Job Posting
Page options
feliciarcantu
Community Member

Client without Job Posting

Hi I recieved a direct reply from a possible client. He wants a job to be done, but doesn't have a job posted as far as I know. Do I ask him to post a job and send me an invite? I've never had this happen before.

Thanks

F

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Yes. Tell him that you are ready to work on his project and help him, and you will start as soon as he posts a job and sends you a hire offer.

How is this happening?

Upwork is experimenting with direct contact protocols that allow clients to send questions directly to freelancers without posting a job.

Or this was a client with whom you had previous contact on Upwork.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Yes. Tell him that you are ready to work on his project and help him, and you will start as soon as he posts a job and sends you a hire offer.

How is this happening?

Upwork is experimenting with direct contact protocols that allow clients to send questions directly to freelancers without posting a job.

Or this was a client with whom you had previous contact on Upwork.

Thanks for the feedback! I just checked my original email, says he was an Upwork plus client, which is why he could contact me without previous interaction.

lysis10
Community Member

Felicia C wrote:

Hi I recieved a direct reply from a possible client. He wants a job to be done, but doesn't have a job posted as far as I know. Do I ask him to post a job and send me an invite? I've never had this happen before.

Thanks

F

That's the frustrating part about those messages. You can't see their history so don't know if you have to say something. You can just tell them that you can't see their history so in case they are new, they have to send an offer.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths