🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client without payment verification
Page options
2f415ae2
Community Member

Client without payment verification

Should we trust them?why they can post a job?

this is the same problem, im not surprised as a none verified freelancer!

i cant be trusted either, what do you think?  

3 REPLIES 3
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

A client without payment verification is not necessarily a red flag...when someone posts a job they may or may not find a suitable freelancer so Upwork does not make them verify the payment method and many clients may not be willing to put in payment details unless they find a suitable freelancer. 

But when the client is ready to hire and send someone an offer, he must verify the payment methods. You must ensure the client has verified the payment method before actually starting the work. And you should only begin work when you have an official offer and you must accept that offer. 

thats right, just saying verification gives them credit as I can see some verified clients with zero payment 

there should be an instructor for it in the beginning

wlyonsatl
Community Member

I pay no attention to whether a potential new client's payment method has been verified by Upwork before I send them a proposal on their new project, but I specifically say in my proposal that I can get started on their project as soon as Upwork verifies their payment method. No verification = work on new project doesn't start.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths