cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Client won't end the contract on hourly basis

Fariba O Member Since: Dec 2, 2018
1 of 5

Hello all, 

I have worked with this lady, I have submitted my work day by day, (every day)

* I have made a mistake that I haven't used the timmer, 
* I have worked about 30 hours. 

Now, I have finished the project, I gave her my hours but she doesn't end the project and she is not making any payment, since a week ago.

I can not add my hours now, even manually. since Upwork, won't let me go back to a few weeks ago and add the hours, it just shows my hours as extra hours that client won't make any payment.

I feel really bad.

The client is not a good communicator.

She is not ending the project either.

Any advice is welcomed.

Thank you 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 5

@Fariba O wrote:

I have worked with this lady, I have submitted my work day by day, (every day)

* I have made a mistake that I haven't used the timmer, 
* I have worked about 30 hours. 

Now, I have finished the project, I gave her my hours but she doesn't end the project and she is not making any payment, since a week ago.

I can not add my hours now, even manually. since Upwork, won't let me go back to a few weeks ago and add the hours, it just shows my hours as extra hours that client won't make any payment.

Is manual time allowed on the contract?

If yes, add them to this week.

If not, you made a mess of it and won't get paid.

In either case, manual time is in no way protected.

Community Leader
Andrei T Member Since: Aug 30, 2016
3 of 5

One reason why it's safer to use the time tracker is because manual time must be logged by the end of each week. It's not possible to change your work log after the end of the week.

Your client may not be very communicative, but it doesn't sound like they tried to scam you, it's an error on your side.

Just explain the situation clearly, maybe create an excel with the hours worked for the previous weeks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 5

Fariba:

If you do not get paid, it is OKAY!

Do not take it personally. Many new freelancers make mistakes.

You learned so many valuable things from the mistakes you made with this project.

One of the most important things you learned about is the value of using the Upwork time-tracker, which can guarantee payment. (A great protection!)

Don't think so much about THIS project. Think about your FUTURE projects, where you work more wisely and make more money because you know how to do it the right way.

Fariba O Member Since: Dec 2, 2018
5 of 5

Thank you 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS