🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client worries
Page options
sephton
Community Member

Client worries

Hello lovely Upwork people,

One of my clients for an hourly project has been suspended. I don’t know why and I’ve been told to stop working on the project for now.

I have $650 from this week’s work and I’m now worried that I might not get this payment. I know about Upwork Hourly Protection. I’ve always tracked my time using the app and never add manual time, but I haven’t been using memos. However, the screenshots clearly show what articles I’m working on, are never non-work related and can be linked directly to the work I’ve posted in the messages section.

Am I not going to be eligible for payment protection because I didn’t use memos?

Fingers crossed the job will be unsuspended so I don’t have to worry!

Thanks all,

Connor
6 REPLIES 6
yitwail
Community Member

So you just leave the memo field blank when you turn on time tracker? I've never done that, so I tried it just now and to be honest I'm surprised it even lets you do so. But without the memos, which don't even have to be complete sentences, you may be out of luck with respect to payment protection.

Thanks for the speedy reply - albeit a worrying one!

Yes, it does. I’ve got to be honest I thought from the screenshots themselves (given it’s very clear what I’m writing) it would be more than self explanatory.
yitwail
Community Member

Connor S wrote:

Yes, it does. I’ve got to be honest I thought from the screenshots themselves (given it’s very clear what I’m writing) it would be more than self explanatory.

Most of the time, I'm sure that's the case, and maybe Upwork will take that into account, but if they insist on the letter of the rule, then you might be up the creek.

At this point the client may still resolve the issue and the suspension could be completely unrelated to payment difficulties anyway, but yes, a lack of memos means Upwork won't pay you out of their own pocket if the client failed to pay Upwork.

Connor wrote:

I have $650 from this week’s work

You should still be able to add memos for this (current) week, but for any previous week(s) that ship has sailed.

sephton
Community Member

Thanks Petra - previous weeks have been paid for successfully, and the work diary won’t let me add memos because the job has been suspended.

My client has been in touch, so hopefully we will get this fixed soon. I will be writing SO many memos when we get back up and running!

Connor
ahammed_farid
Community Member

Hi Connor,

It's happened with my few clients as well, I have contacted and suggested them to check their Bank or CC to make sure payment has connected with Upwork.

As you have received earlier payment, So nothing to be worried.

Recently, I have started adding memo too. that's cool anyway

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members