🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client
Page options
adelaihsan
Community Member

Client

Can Upwork do something regarding client that doesn't know how to end the contract and give feedback to freelancer? I am so frustrated with this issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ultimately, if the client is really struggling that much... If it was me, personally, I would END the contract myself.

Ending the contract will send a message to the client which has a link that lets the client leave feedback for you.

Hopefully the client will be able to figure that out.

This would be better to do while you are still communicating with the cliend, rather than wait for many weeks or months, whent he client may not be around to receive messages.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
petra_r
Community Member

Adela I wrote:

Can Upwork do something regarding client that doesn't know how to end the contract and give feedback to freelancer? I am so frustrated with this issue.

What is the big deal?Just end the contract yourself and do not hound the client.

Yes, I can end the contract, but how about the job feedback? Doesn't it affect the job score?

2f5ff562
Community Member

he already payed you, you can do it yourself. No biggie

prestonhunter
Community Member

Adela:
In all honesty, it CAN be tricky for an inexperienced client to figure out how to close a contract.

The trick is that you need to click on a "three dots" icon.

I guess that's a fad these days in user interfaces. But it is not necessarily intuitive, to my way of thinking.

Try sending your client this link:

End Your Contract

re: "...but how about the job feedback? Doesn't it affect the job score?"

If you end the contract, and the client never leaves feedback... If this happens just once, it might not impact you negatively. But if the proportion of closed contracts on your account is high - meaning that there is a pattern of contracts closed without you receiving feedback... Then, yes, this WILL impact your JSS negatively.

That why I want Upwork to do something about this. I am very frustrated about this situation. I even gave the client guide how to end the contract and give feedback but still, the client failed to follow it.

Ultimately, if the client is really struggling that much... If it was me, personally, I would END the contract myself.

Ending the contract will send a message to the client which has a link that lets the client leave feedback for you.

Hopefully the client will be able to figure that out.

This would be better to do while you are still communicating with the cliend, rather than wait for many weeks or months, whent he client may not be around to receive messages.

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it. 

junaid0khan
Community Member

Can I use two different upwork account in same Laptop for instance, me and my brother both are using upwork account in same Laptop.

Hi Junaid,

Yes, you are allowed to share the same IP address and computer/laptop with more users as long as you don't share your account with another person. It's important that you don't share your log in credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of Upwork TOS.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks Bojan.

I need to ask one more question that can I sign in my freelancer and client account through Upwork App in mobile gadgets.

Hi Junaid,

Yes, you're free to use separate Apps for your freelancer and client account on your mobile phone.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
0cf8c124
Community Member

Good afternoon, please help me! What should I do if I work in the same office with a client? We have different devices but we are in the same room, I don't want to get banned, what should I do???

petra_r
Community Member

Moses K wrote:

Good afternoon, please help me! What should I do if I work in the same office with a client? We have different devices but we are in the same room,

It is not a problem to be in the same office as a client as long as that client account does not interact in any way with your account.

If you mean that you are in an office with a client who wants to hire you on Upwork then that's a problem.

Why would such a "client" hire you on Upwork instead of normally, directly, locally? 

Moses K wrote:

I don't want to get banned, what should I do???

Don't work with such a client.

People get banned for this stuff all the time because it is generally done for one of two reasons: 

1) To artificially build up feedback on a freelancer's profile, which is a violation of Upwork's terms of service 

or

2) Money-laundering

0cf8c124
Community Member

Thank you, you helped me out

No issues at all. U can do your job.
Thanks

Sorry for the trouble.

What's the norm? how far away should the client be in order to be banned?

petra_r
Community Member

Moses K wrote:
What's the norm? how far away should the client be in order to be banned?

You want no "overlap" - and nobody will give you advice how to avoid being caught doing something rather naughty.

Don't have people hire you on Upwork for any questionable reasons. The end.

Junaid U wrote:
No issues at all. U can do your job.

Absolute nonsense. PLEASE do not give "advice" which can get people suspended.

0cf8c124
Community Member

okey thanks
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members