cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Client

Adela I Member Since: Aug 28, 2017
1 of 8

Can Upwork do something regarding client that doesn't know how to end the contract and give feedback to freelancer? I am so frustrated with this issue.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 8

Adela I wrote:

Can Upwork do something regarding client that doesn't know how to end the contract and give feedback to freelancer? I am so frustrated with this issue.

What is the big deal?Just end the contract yourself and do not hound the client.

3 of 8

Yes, I can end the contract, but how about the job feedback? Doesn't it affect the job score?

Community Leader
Mateo R. S Member Since: Dec 13, 2018
4 of 8

he already payed you, you can do it yourself. No biggie

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 8

Adela:
In all honesty, it CAN be tricky for an inexperienced client to figure out how to close a contract.

The trick is that you need to click on a "three dots" icon.

I guess that's a fad these days in user interfaces. But it is not necessarily intuitive, to my way of thinking.

Try sending your client this link:

End Your Contract

re: "...but how about the job feedback? Doesn't it affect the job score?"

If you end the contract, and the client never leaves feedback... If this happens just once, it might not impact you negatively. But if the proportion of closed contracts on your account is high - meaning that there is a pattern of contracts closed without you receiving feedback... Then, yes, this WILL impact your JSS negatively.

6 of 8

That why I want Upwork to do something about this. I am very frustrated about this situation. I even gave the client guide how to end the contract and give feedback but still, the client failed to follow it.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
7 of 8

Ultimately, if the client is really struggling that much... If it was me, personally, I would END the contract myself.

Ending the contract will send a message to the client which has a link that lets the client leave feedback for you.

Hopefully the client will be able to figure that out.

This would be better to do while you are still communicating with the cliend, rather than wait for many weeks or months, whent he client may not be around to receive messages.

8 of 8

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS