cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients AND Contractors that want to pay very low fees and Contractors that accept them

Connie J Member Since: Feb 14, 2012
1 of 5
Well, Once again I am very frustrated with Odesk. If you go in at a "low price" for a United States worker, such as, $8.00 you still have clients and contractors low balling everybody all the way around. Only wanting to pay very little per hour, some as low as $3 and $4 dollars per hour. No one ...NO ONE can live off that. And then you have those stinking contractors going in at a low ball, accepting the slave wages. Why would a client pay $8.00 per hour when he can pay slave wages at $3,$4 and even $5 dollars per hour? Ask yourself that everybody. You are really harming everyone by doing that. Please, everyone wake up and accept the pay you deserve. It is hard enough out there without some people always taking the work and working it for almost free slave wages. My most recent job I obtained did not come from Odesk. I had to go to Elance to get the respect and the pay I deserve. I used to love Odesk but now I just have a bitter taste in my mouth every time I apply for a job and get asked,"will you take less? " or then they hire someone else and you find out that person accepted very little pay to do the job. Ridiculous!!!
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
2 of 5
There are plenty of clients that will pay what you deserve to earn , seach for porjects carefully and apply only to those that meet your standards.
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
3 of 5
Also, when a client is lowballing you, just hit the 'withdraw application' button. It saves you from a lot of anguish later. I particularly detest clients who advertise that they are willing to pay expert fees for the most experienced/expert freelancers (keyword, experienced expert freelancer) and then on interview would say their budget is only $3-10/hr. Total waste of time.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Ace Contributor
German G Member Since: Jun 16, 2013
4 of 5
I used to think like that too, but since a couple of months ago prices in this website seem to have fallen from very low to outrageous. At least in my field of work it happened like that. There used to be a couple of projects worth bidding every day, now I haven't seen one in a month, and the lowest prices now are almost insults to the freelancer.
Felix T Member Since: Nov 4, 2012
5 of 5
Yup, I thought it's me, but it seems that something is happening with odesk. In the last month I found only 1 job and I applied almost everyday to at least 7 projects. Other two-three contractors seemed interested, but were paying pennies. One contractor told me that he can hire someone that can write a 1000 words article for 3$.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS